Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40472
Property Name : Salt Lick Lake
Reservation Date : 07/20/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 43
Lures Used : TRIG, drop shot, jig

Fished until 3:30 on Saturday, caught 43 with a couple in the 4 pound range…...and 14 culls.

Planned on picking apart the weedline and doing some flipping but the weedline is nearly gone and what's left is nearly dead. Blue Rock still has a thick weedline around entire parameter, so not sure if the high water, runoff and heat, accelerated the die off in Salt.  Fish are still healthy and marked a lot of forage on the downscan.  For the first few hours I busted the bank with TRIG, football jig and bladed jig and caught ~30 around the entire lake and some were just a couple feet from shore.  The rest, and the larger fish, were caught in 16 – 18ft on drop shot and wobble head.  I wish I had some deep diving cranks with me as I was marking some fish in the deeper water but the wobble head worked just fine.

Heading into Salt, you will notice Eric upgraded the gate.  The gate is attached to some heavy duty tubing now and much easier to open/close.  Thanks Eric!!  All-in-all, it was an awesome day, and can’t beat having a 40+ fish day!!

Jul 22 2024

Sylvester Valdez

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Mike, over 40 @ Salt Lick is an awesome day! Congratulations and thank you for the detailed information. Will visit SL soon for sure.

Jul 22 2024

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Sylvester Valdez

Mike, over 40 @ Salt Lick is an awesome day! Congratulations and thank you for the detailed information. Will visit SL soon for sure.

Thanks Sylvester and this is what the active feeding schools looked like.