Joe V. Smith

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40435
Property Name : Willow Lake
Reservation Date : 07/10/2024 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 46 from 6" to 3 3/4 bls
Lures Used : fluke,wacky ,yum dinger & tx rig

Fished by myself Wed morning. The lake was 6 inches low,with visibility to 36”, tea colored water and vegetation was not an issue.There was a lot of brush in the water that grew up when the lake was very low and that held a lot of fish.The entry was in good shape and the pasture at the entry and camp area was cut.Launching was easy by the dam but as I was coming out it looked better a bit farther down the shore line.

Fished from 6:30 am to 10:30 am. Caught 48 bass of which 18 were over 14”.  Six of these were 3 to 3 ¾ bls and the other 12 were 2 ¼ to 3 lbs.Of the 28 removed 8 were 8” to 10” and the other 20 mostly 13 to14 inches.

Started with a wat/seed fluke ,a 4” wat/red wacky and a wat/seed tx rig craw. Changed the fluke for a 5” wat/red wacky and never changed anything else other than using the fly rod here and there with limited sucess.

The lake is currently in great shape and a lot of hungry fish.

There is not a PWF sign at the gate but there is a private property keep out sign. The lock works great

Jul 10 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I thought about that lake, chose the Gap. I will go hit Willow up at some point. Looks like a good lake. Good job Joe!