Magical OZ

Jul 07 2024

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Got a late start due to a bad accident on 635 that had all four lanes blocked, got on the water at 9:00. Drive in is now well marked (but it was daylight). Very remote – talk about Reel Solitute. Air termprature was a very nice 70 degrees when I arrived but cloud cover was not present as forecast. Launch is a little curvy and there is not much runway but no problem launching as it drop off pretty quickly. While milfole is presnt in about half the lake there is plenty on space to navigate and it provided both inside and outside edges to target. I only had to lift and clean my trolling motor about half a dozen times, not bad for 6 ½ hours fo fishing. I’d say most of my fish came on the inside edges of the grass including one 3 lber in 2 feet or less of water. Bass Forecast said they wanted fast movin baits, caught one on a swinbait with underspin, rest we’re on Cut-R-worm in watermellon red falke. I didn’t try a lot of baits as the Cut-T- worm was working so well, caught fish up to 3:00 before the heat drove me off the lake. Caught 20 plus with 5 over 3, all fought way above their weight class. Lost biggest fish of the day when it hit very close to the boat, came up and dove under the boat, three quarters of my rod was in the water when it broke off, looked like a 4 or 5 lber. I was reeling in a 1 lber when a bigger fish (3 or 4 lber) started chasing it near the boat, the 1 lber was too big for the other fish but it kept chasing it until it finally took the worm that had slid up the line. Great day especially under blue bird skies. Got cloudy on my way home.Very nice addition to PW, I’ll be back.