Beautiful property! Lake needs more of us culling!

Jul 07 2024

Adam Bellar

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40364
Property Name : Dogwood Lakes Estate: East Lake
Reservation Date : 07/06/2024 AM - 07/06/2024 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 10 bass
Lures Used : Big baits / Cranks / Bladed jigs

Got on the water about 5:45 and fished until 11:30.  Throwing mostly big baits it was a pretty grindy morning. Lake has tons of timber (Sneaky sub surface about 2')  so watch your TM lol. This lake obviously had all the makings to produce monsters and be one of the best lakes in the club.  That said, it needs to be culled in a BAD way.  At some points there were 10 or 12 10" bass following my glide bait.  I did manage hook into a 5# fish and a 3.5# but for anything of size that was it.  Scoping around there were HUGE schools of small bass on the dam and surrounding all the submerged timber.  After the big bait game played out,  I switched to a mid crank on the dam in a frozen glass color and started culling dinks until my livewell was full.  All in all, I took 7 dinks with me to drop in our neighborhood pond.   No crappie or catfish were seen, but there are some THICK Sunfish present.  Guys, I know it's no fun to cull, but if we want to catch monsters, it has to be done. I did see several BIG bass while I was scoping, but just could not get them to commit.