David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40360
Property Name : MK Ranch
Reservation Date : 07/05/2024 AM - 07/05/2024 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : Around 17 LBM from dink to 4lbs
Lures Used : Buzzbait, Frog, Choppo, Wacky, Underspin, Tx Rig

I took my brother to fish the morning at MK Ranch which I had never fished before.  We launched my Bass Raider just after sunrise and started fishing around the perimeter in a counter clockwise direction.  Morning was warm and calm and it got hot with just an occasional breeze and some cloud cover by the time we wrapped up around 11:45am.  I didn’t take my electronics, but water was probably mid-80s and was tannic with maybe 18-24” viz. There is a THICK band of matted vegitation around the edge of the lake.  We started with topwater (white buzzbait and black Choppo) which landed a few fish in the first hour, but we missed a few as well.  I also alternated wtih a white frog which got several good blowups, but was only able to land one of them.  We gave up on topwater and tried wacky worm which caught my brother a couple and he lost a few...again.  I tried a mid-diving crank, but nothing doing.  Tried a Tx-rig curly tail worm and got several bites, but landed only 1 of those as well.  Tried a shakey head, but no luck with that one.  Ended the morning with my brother on a white chatterbaid that caught a couple and both of us on a finesse underspin that caught several good fish as well.  Fish ranged in size from 8 inches to 4lbs with most from 2lbs to 2.5lbs.  Had a great time on the water, and I look forward to a return visit to this property!