Action packed day at The Bluffs

Jun 27 2024

Kyle Mathieu

Fry

Number of Posts :

My fishing partner and I hit the Bluffs on 6/16 and were on them all day, being the third time i’ve fished this lake the pattern seemed to be the same. Early morning till about 8 AM was full of top water frog eats in the shallows around the banks, I was able to get one or two more blow ups on a frog after 8 AM casting at a swirl or fish I could see shallow in the clear water but topwater really seemed to die after 8. After that moving from the ramp through the channel towards the long brush pile the bass seemed to be chasing baitfish which got my fishing partner and i several catches cast after cast on a white fluke. Around 10:30 or 11 when the sun really got up and was heating up we had really good luck tossing a wacky rigged senko (color didn’t matter I probably burned through 4 or 5 bags of plastics) just on the edge of the grass lines which produced a solid bite that we could just hop from grass mat to grass mat around the lake.

From 6:30AM – 2:00PM  we ended up with 47 under 16” and 10-12 over 16” biggest being on a frog early in the AM and quanity coming from the fluke and wackey rigged worm.

This lake is awesome and I look forward to fishing it again in the future.

Jun 27 2024

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Kyle,

Sounds like a solid day, Were you able to remove the 47 under 16”? What was the size of the top 5 over 16”?

Thanks