Edward Coffey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 40302
Property Name : Hickory Creek Ranch Lakes
Reservation Date : 06/26/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 40 LMB up to 4' 6"
Lures Used : buzz bait, popper

It’s June, it’s hot and I was looking forward to the top water bite.  First time to fish this lake, so when I saw that there was no surface grass, moss I wasn’t sure what bait to use.  But I was dedicated to the buzz bait and it was effective.  When the buzz bait bite diminished I switched to the popper which was successful as well. For lunch I went to Whataburger in Crockett to cool off and rehydrate.  Shortly after I got back on the water a rain storm came through which cooled me off as well.  After the storm passed the buzz bait bite resumed for quite a while, but then I finished the day with a popper.  The smaller lake looked fishy with grass mats, but there was no way I could handle that boat by myself from where it is positioned.  I chose to enter 40 LMB but I encountered several more including those that were lost at the boat.  I didn’t catch a big bass, but did catch 6 four pounders.  Only caught one bass with a worm and the rest of the activity was with buzz bait and popper.  I experienced what I was hoping for when I chose this lake.

Jun 27 2024

John Shepard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice job, Ed!

I’m surprised you hadn’t fished there before.  That’s a better topwater day than I have ever had there so you were obviously doing something right.