Greg Ewbank

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39997
Property Name : K Bar Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/28/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 10 LMB/ 9 of which were culls
Lures Used : Crawfish colored deep crank, rattletrap, spoon

Arrived after dawn at K-bar and started fishing the shoreline of Golden Pond. About an hour in the land owner came and visited me on his tractor asking how the fishing was going (had several strong strikes but had not landed any). He  gave me advice on where to fish on the lake and offered to move the boat to either of the other two lakes if needed. He came back about 45 minutes later and told me that yesterday they were hitting on a blue rattle trap like the one he was holding and asked if I had one. I think he would have given it to me had I not had one. 
No luck on the rattletrap but I had a lot of action at the north end of the lake where they are dumping concrete. There appears to be an old road into the quarry that was shallow enough to anchor away from the shore with a deep drop off. Caught about 8 bass with one over the slot limit at 15 inches and 2.3 lbs on a crawfish colored deep diver crank bait. Caught several other culls with the rattle trap along the shoreline. The skies were overcast all morning keeping me cool but had to get off the lake about 1:30 due to a severe thunderstorm heading my way. Was able to get off the lake before the hail hit. 
Enjoyed the lake and the hospitality. Will try again with my son next month.