Bryan Buchan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39268
Property Name : Acker Lake
Reservation Date : 05/25/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 110
Lures Used : Everything

Acker Lake.  What a magnificent addition to an already magnificent property.  My son and brother fished Acker for a day on our annual outing to Coalgate, and we weren’t disappointed.  Started on the far half of the lake from where the jonboat sits.  Based on reports so far, that’s where the largest concentrations and sizes of fish are, and that was exactly the case.  Started out with a frog from the bank on either side of the well groomed road, and caught about 15 that way.  Then Texas Rigged worms, lizards, and swim baits caught about 20 in the woods.  These were smaller fish.  The rest of the day we spent all over the lake.  Most lures caught fish, and we had a blast.  It’s a very large lake, and like most new lakes, it has an abundance of flooded timber, which we love to fish.  There’s a large open water spot about the middle of the lake, with timber to the north and south, and we had our best luck there.  We caught at least half our fish there, and most were in the 2-3 pound range.  My son caught, and I’m not exaggerating, 18 fish in one spot on the south side of this area, using a motor oil TR worm.  All were quality fish, no culls in that one spot.  I caught ten 2-3 lb fish in the open water of this honey hole using a white chatter bait.   We caught a couple of 4 pounders at Acker, and of course I had one get off right at the boat that I know was over 5.  Lots of dinks, but that’s why we cull.  Acker is a quality bass fishing lake addition to the club.  Keep culling and it will get even better.

May 28 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Those F1’s grow fast. They like to eat. Moonshine, China, and Acker coming along nicely. Ackernopened last year and will be better the next 5 years. Moonshine probably has a couple 9’s swimming. I got a 7.8 a few weeks ago. Love Cody Tanch!

Jun 05 2024

Currie Covington

Fry

Number of Posts :

Great right up John!  Excited to fish it this weekend!

Jun 05 2024

Currie Covington

Fry

Number of Posts :

Outstanding good news Bryan!  Memories for a lifetime!

Jun 05 2024

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

Those F1’s grow fast. They like to eat. Moonshine, China, and Acker coming along nicely. Ackernopened last year and will be better the next 5 years. Moonshine probably has a couple 9’s swimming. I got a 7.8 a few weeks ago. Love Cody Tanch!

John,

Thanks for the encouragment. But we must get busy on the harvest. Need 1000 small bass out of Acker this year. We have harvested 225 so far for 2024. Need to take out 775 more. 

Aug 13 2024

Hal ODell

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

John,

Thanks for the encouragment. But we must get busy on the harvest. Need 1000 small bass out of Acker this year. We have harvested 225 so far for 2024. Need to take out 775 more. 

Culling- my kind of “job”. I can tell Carol I'm not fishing for fun, but because I need to do my part.