Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39853
Property Name : China Lake
Reservation Date : 05/24/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 30 mostly culls
Lures Used : Stickbaits, swimbaits and crankbaits,

Friend and I got a late start due to traffiic geting out of Dallas, on the water at 9:30 fished tll 6:00 when an apporaching storm chased us off the water. Started out overcast and gradually moved to partialy cloudy skies which kept the tempertures down, wind blew 15 mph for most of the day.  Water temp started out in upper 70’s and finished in low 80’s, with visibilty a couple of feet.  Caught fish all over the lake with stickbaits, swimbaits and crankbaits being their favorite, they didn’t want a spinnerbait, a chatterbait or anything topwater. We’d catch a couple on a certain crank or plastic and then nothing. we’d switch colors and catch a couple, repeat. Nothing over 2.5 pounds but they all fought hard. I guess typical post-spwn behavior. Didn’t catch as many in the trees as I though we would. Lake is very isolated, no road noise, no train noise. Like prevous post, cows came down to cool off and licked my truck, whatever they have in their salivia its tought to get off the paint (I tried coumpounding and wax and it still left a mark). Oh well, its a truck afterall. Fun, relaxing day on the water, thank you Mr Cody and PWs.     

May 25 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

After a washing a a few storms by this point t I still see tongue swipes on one window lol.