Jordan Massey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39651
Property Name : Six O Ranch
Reservation Date : 05/19/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 32
Lures Used : Swim Jig, TX Rig, Wacky Worms

Haven’t been able to fish in the past couple of months due to the weather and/or busy schedule. Boy was today worth the wait! I’ve been fishing 6-O since I was a kid. I think my uncle and I were some of the first to fish it back in the GTBC days. My uncle and I have caught more fish at 6-O than we can probably count but today was I day I’ll never forget.

Arrived at the lake around 7:00 and on the water by 7:15-30. It was pretty slow starting out working around the lake from the boat dock to the dam and around the west side of the lake. My uncle and I threw top water, moving baits, and soft plastics to not much avail, catching a couple here or there. Decided in the first pocket to start throwing a swim jig. About half way down the bank in the first pocket BAM! I threw right on the edge of some grass and all the sudden my swim jig was heavy. Didn’t feel a bite almost felt like I was just dragging through a ton of grass. Then the “grass” started to fight back a little. Told my uncle to get the net and about the time I said that I knew it was a big fish. Got her landed and it was a 10-05, shattering my previous PB of 7-06!! My uncle and I have now both caught 10s out of 6-O.

The lake is at full pool and most of the grass is below the surface. For the rest of the fish we caught there were all culls and around the 1-1.5lb range caught mainly on soft plastics. The wind got up late morning/mid afternoon and we fought it all day. 

May 21 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Congratulations on the new PB Jordan, that is a great catch!

May 21 2024

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Way to go. Nice DD fish!!

May 21 2024

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Jordan,

I am so happy for you. You have fished that lake with your Uncle John…so many times! It happened for you. Now, I need to show you how to take a picture. Looks like John took it from a hundred yards away. No, I am truly happy for you. WAY TO GO. 

May 22 2024

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Jordan,

I am so happy for you. You have fished that lake with your Uncle John…so many times! It happened for you. Now, I need to show you how to take a picture. Looks like John took it from a hundred yards away. No, I am truly happy for you. WAY TO GO. 

Wonderful catch. There are some hugh fish in that lake

May 23 2024

John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Congratulations.  Amazing fish.

May 23 2024

Brad Evans

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Daniels

Congratulations.  Amazing fish.

Congrats on the new PB!  I’ve fished that lake a couple of times and only small fish but knew there had to be some big fish in it.  That lake is beautiful.

May 25 2024

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Congrats on your DD, another great memory with your uncle. 

May 25 2024

Sylvester Valdez

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Great job!! I am so looking forward to a DD and might have to get some pointers from you.. Congratulations again !!

May 26 2024

Travis Holland

Fry

Number of Posts :

Congratulations on an awesome fish!

May 27 2024

Jordan Massey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Jordan,

LOL Steve….

Thanks Everyone!