Joe V. Smith

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39673
Property Name : Cody Ranch Peach Creek and Crabgrass Lakes
Reservation Date : 04/30/2024 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3 bass from 2.5 lbs to 8 in
Lures Used : olive woolly bugger and plastics

Left Grapevine at 4 am expecting to be at the lafe or on the ranch by 6:30 but did not arrive at Peach   Creek until 8:30. Blew past the turn off at old hwy 3 and realized my mistake several miles later down the road so turned around and decided to trust the GPS when it told me to turn. I was thinking that this would be a short cut. It put me on a one lane muddy country road at which point I was in trouble. Could not turn around so I have to keep going and this was a very slippery ride.Finally got to a place where I could turn around and back tracked back to hwy 3. The next sugestion from the GPS was at old hwy 3 which was immediately past a bridge but after turning this do not look right  so I again turned around and got back on hwy 3 again but this time the next exit to old hwt 3 was the correct turn taking me to the ranch. I have never been to Peach Creek and it is not eazy knowing which ranch road to take. I arrived at 8:30 and parked on the dam to look around.At 8:30 I realized that my fishing morning was shot.

My fly rod was already rigged with an olive woolly bugger so I decided to make a few cast from the dam and immediately started catching some monster bream. Ok this was looking great so as I walked down the dam the cows wanted to join me so I got back into the car & launched the kayak. So it was 9am and my first plan was to work the dam with the fly rod but shortly a snale ran me out ooof the area. When the other direction toward so trees and brush.While still using the fly rod caught a few more bream and three bass from 2 ½ lbs to 8”. Another large snake arrived so around 10:45 realizing that time was running out I went bback to the loading area and fishing the dam from the road again. I tried fishing a frog and other plactics for about 30 mins without any strikes.Caught a total of 16 huge bream.

The water was dingy with 12” visibility and flowing over the discharge tube at thr dam.