Reservation Number : 39465
Property Name : Salt Lick Lake
Reservation Date : 04/13/2024 All Day - 04/13/2024 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 25 up to 4lbs
Lures Used : Texas rigged Senkos, flukes, worms and punch baits

Water temp 65°

Air temp 55° – 80°

Wind speeds 5-10 mph am 20mph pm

Fish were hidden in the grass line for the most part. Bite was not aggressive so we had to work for them. We caught 25 culled 10 and returned 15. Most returned fish were between 3 and 4 lbs. I believe this lake has been fished several times in the past week so it seemed a bit pressured. We tried several techniques but in the end most fish were caught on senkos or flukes and fished very slow almost dead stick.
Side note this is one of my favorite lakes, not a spot on you can't fish, lots of structure, deep and easy launch the boat.

Apr 14 2024

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

James, 

25 fish is a solid day. Glad you caught them. As far as pressure is concerned, please know we monitor pressure on all our lakes. Salt Lake was fished 3 times this week, which includes your reservation. I'm unaware of any club in the world that monitors pressure closer than PWF.  It is a balance of making lakes available to our members while reducing pressure on the fish. The demand is at its peak in March and April and we do our best to maintain this balance.  Appreciate your concerns and I hope this explanation helps. 

Steve 

Apr 14 2024

James Goth

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

James, 

25 fish is a solid day. Glad you caught them. As far as pressure is concerned, please know we monitor pressure on all our lakes. Salt Lake was fished 3 times this week, which includes your reservation. I'm unaware of any club in the world that monitors pressure closer than PWF.  It is a balance of making lakes available to our members while reducing pressure on the fish. The demand is at its peak in March and April and we do our best to maintain this balance.  Appreciate your concerns and I hope this explanation helps. 

Steve 

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate that but I really wasn’t trying to rely a concern or complaint. My intention simply was to be informative to my fellow club members.   To say it’s “fishing season” these fish have seen a bait or two so you might consider slowing your presentation and going a little more finess. Apologies if I came across any other way. I enjoy the club and think you all do a good job, didn't mean to ruffle feathers.