Apr 05 2024

Brylan Madderra

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39402
Property Name : Willow Lake
Reservation Date : 04/05/2024 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 24
Lures Used : Soft plastics, wacky rigged. Chatterbait green trailer. Flukes, baby brush hog, squarebill

Decided to let my daughter play hooky from school so she can get some real world learning in. Best unexcused absence ever, as we had a great fishing day. 

Arrived at Willow Lake around 9 am and the weather was perfect. Just enough wind to keep us cool. The lake is low compared to the pics but no problem getting on the water with my Pelican Bass Raider. I do not use a trailer, btw. There is thick moss pretty consistently 6+ foot off all banks. But they hit right outside that. We could see them dart out of the moss and blow up lures. Awesome stuff! 

We found best success on worms, weightless, wacky rigged and tied on weedless hooks.. Primarily watermelon red and green colors. ,just let those badboys float right on down that moss line.  But we also landed them on baby brush hogs and chatterbaits deeper. I honestly think they would have bit anything we threw.

The size was pretty consistently. 2.5+ lbs, with about eight if them. 3lb+  never got one bigger than 4 LB. Only had to cull 5.

This is a great lake to take a beginner angler, small lake and ton of bites and action to get them juiced about fishing. Mission accomplished. 

Apr 05 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

That lake see very little pressure. I live an hour away and haven't made it there yet, yet. Might  go in May. Seems to have some nice willing fish. 

Apr 05 2024

Brylan Madderra

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

That lake see very little pressure. I live an hour away and haven't made it there yet, yet. Might  go in May. Seems to have some nice willing fish. 

I'll be back. Not too far from me either, and sometimes you just need consistent 2+ lb fish on line.. Where should I go next John. I'm only silver right now (may need to upgrade soon)... been to Willow, long lake, Travis and backside of the moon. 

Apr 06 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Brylan Madderra

I'll be back. Not too far from me either, and sometimes you just need consistent 2+ lb fish on line.. Where should I go next John. I'm only silver right now (may need to upgrade soon)... been to Willow, long lake, Travis and backside of the moon. 

Brair Branch Decatur is a good little lake. Lots of grass but decent fish. Any of the Cody Ranch Silver Lakes would and is worth the trip. Fun place easy to navigate. I saw you been to Backside. Always an adventure. Going there on the 17th.  Alisha and Jones Clarksville I haven't been to but want to at some point. Indian Hollow has big fish, but you gotta get past the dinkeroo’s. I like Travis as well. 

Apr 06 2024

Brylan Madderra

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

Brair Branch Decatur is a good little lake. Lots of grass but decent fish. Any of the Cody Ranch Silver Lakes would and is worth the trip. Fun place easy to navigate. I saw you been to Backside. Always an adventure. Going there on the 17th.  Alisha and Jones Clarksville I haven't been to but want to at some point. Indian Hollow has big fish, but you gotta get past the dinkeroo’s. I like Travis as well. 

Thanks for tips and rundown. Prob going to book briar branch next. 

Apr 06 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Brylan Madderra

Thanks for tips and rundown. Prob going to book briar branch next. 

Soon as you push off at the ramp fish those two long points. When I was there I had 5 fish in 20 minutes. There is a lone stump that usually holds fish. Revisit that often