Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39371
Property Name : Long Lake
Reservation Date : 04/04/2024 PM - 04/04/2024 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 12, Cull to 4.2lbs
Lures Used : Jig, Spook, Chatterbait, Wacky Rig, T-Rig, Swimbait

Fished PM at Long Lake (4/4).  Arrived at noon to a Chamber of Commerce Day, 75 degrees, 5-7mph winds.  Water temp was 67-72 degrees and visibility was 2-3 feet.

Best techniques were swim jig, wacky rig and spook.  Almost all fish were caught next to haybails on the first few turns of the reel.  Had multiple missed blow ups on the Yellow Magic and Spook including at least 5 that continued to follow it all the way to the boat.  Honestly with this lake being so clear and it being a cloudless day, I think that played into them not fully committing.

Lost a 6+ lber near the boat after a fun aerial display.  All other fish were extremely healthy, a couple still had eggs and did observe multiple fish on beds.

Apr 05 2024

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Sounds like a decent trek and hate it when those 6 pounders start jumping. 

Apr 05 2024

Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

Sounds like a decent trek and hate it when those 6 pounders start jumping. 

Agreed Mike, although it’s always fun to watch in the moment.  I had in on my spinning rod, medium action with 10lb test for light fishing, so I couldn’t exactly rear back like I owuld with my baitcasters and 40lb braid.  Great lake, thanks again for all the work you did with Eric on the brush.  I couldn’t get them to bite off the trees all day but man they were stuck on haybails.