Cassidy Farms Thursday March 28

Mar 30 2024

John Egan

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

When I started fishing it was 45 degrees, bright sunshine, and a stiff wind out of the south. I banked fished the east bank and walked the west bank looking for that ideal casting spot. It appeared the vegetation has taken hold around the lake and discovered out past the visible growth along the shore, there is  additional tall growth coming up from the bottom farther out. It has yet to surface. This can be observed from the top floor of the boat dock. I discovered my best bet was to cast out past that second submerged growth and let my lure (wacky worm) just sink into that growth. I had a little success with this, 5 LMB total. Upon retrieve, I immediately hit that grass. I tried a frog at each spot I fished with no luck as I expect I could not entice anything up out of that grass into the bright sunshine. Swim baits and chatterbaits immediately hit the sumbmerged grass. I guessed the best approach for the day and conditions could have been to drift a boat with a drag anchor from south to north and cast back to the edge of that grass from in the lake. Maybe next time. I look forward to seeing future fishing reports and info dealing with that vegetation. There is still an abundance of fishing water, but I would not try to bank fish it again even with ideal conditions.    

I observed several shallow spawning beds around the lake but there was nothing visible on them.