Muenster - Tara

Mar 27 2024

Paul Brinson

Fry

Number of Posts :

I fished at Tara Lake, on 3/23 from 1:00 – 4:00 PM.  I caught 2 small bass, about 12-13” each, one on a chartreuse/white tandem spinnerbait and the other on a chartreuse buzzbait.  I had a couple of short strikes on the buzzbait.  I also tried a swimbait/underspin, Senko, lipless & square bill crankbaits, chatterbait, & jig/trailer. The only vegetation that I saw was some reeds in the shallows next to the bank, and a bunch of snotmoss.  I used the PWF boat, and found a 3-4’ snake when I first turned it over.  It was brown and only about as big around as a quarter.  The drive from 35 was real pretty, and I passed through some nice towns, Valley View, Muenster, and Era.  They were having some kind of festival in Valley View and had kids bounce houses and food vendors, etc.  I called it an early day due to it being slow and wanting to get home to watch March Madness.

Mar 28 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

When the rains stop and lake recedes a foot or so fishing will be good through June. Lots of fresh water in there. Me and another member there last week and didn't fare well. I have had good days there. Do not let that one day disappointe you. Is is a good lake. When they are on, they are on good. 

Mar 28 2024

Paul Brinson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

When the rains stop and lake recedes a foot or so fishing will be good through June. Lots of fresh water in there. Me and another member there last week and didn't fare well. I have had good days there. Do not let that one day disappointe you. Is is a good lake. When they are on, they are on good. 

OK, thanks, John.  I will have to give it another try.