Markus Castillo

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38752
Property Name : Julian Lake
Reservation Date : 03/23/2024 All Day - 03/23/2024 All Day
Total Fish/Sizes : 100 LMB
Lures Used : Swimbaits, craws, worm

This was our first time to this property and it did not disappoint. We arrived around noon and fished up to 7pm. The weather was cloudy at first, but changed to clear as the day went on. The water was a little stained due to rain the day and night before.

As I put my kayak in, I had a craw just hanging off the side and while I am getting adjusted a bass took off with my pole out of my kayak. Luckily I had just got in and was in the shallow so my pole was easy to locate and got it back.

We started around the dock with watermelon red craw and pulled a few dinks in. About 20 feet past the dock, the largest of the day 21 inches and weighing almost 6 lbs was caught. We continued down the bank and picked up around 10 quickly.

We got to the bank nearest the house and moved out to the middle as the sun came out, the clouds cleared and the bank bites slowed down. We found them using craws, worms, and swim baits on weightless setup. It was a great day! We had to cover water to keep them biting but it was a experience!

We ended the day with three people: 47 (myself) PWF member Cody Hill with 30, and our guest with 23. We culled 79 and had 21 total between us that were overs and released. Largest bass of the day was 3.78, 4.25, 4.55, 4.78, 5.89. There was a hog that got off at the boat and that would have been the biggest bass of the day. However, the remaining released ranged between 14.5” to 16”. 

We will definitely be making this a regular stop. Thanks again to the land owner and PWF for another great property.

Mar 25 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Wow, that is a huge numbers day and nice to add a 6lb kicker!