Greg Robinson

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39085
Property Name : Waelder Heartbrand Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/17/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2 dinks,12 LMB up to 5.5lb and lots of catfish
Lures Used : chatter bait, shallow cranks,soft plastics,spinners

Booked an all day trip i arrived at day break to a very full lake. The water is is like chocolate milk with only a couple of inches of vis. This lake has no grasses really to contend with so anything in the tackle box is great to throw also it has a smooth sandy bottom. This property is beautiful and is a very peacefull place to be. I was never really able to get a pattern going i caught them on just about every style of bait,color,and presentation. I would catch a few and then need to try something else. I caught good heathly fish ranging from two to over 5lbs and missed three that were definitely over 5. Everything was caught holding  tight on the bank in 1-4 of water and they are still full of eggs.  had great success back up in “fingers”.I lost count of how many catfish i caught they bit on every lure i threw this lake is full of them. It was fun setting the hook and not knowing if it was a big bass or a big catfish. Also the description of this lake says that it has crappie in it, but i talked with the land owner and he said that he doesnt belive that there are and he has never caught any. This lake has so much to offer and would be a great place to take the kiddos they would love nonstop action with some stinkbait catching big cats.