Markus Castillo

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38999
Property Name : Azalea Ranch
Reservation Date : 03/13/2024 All Day - 03/14/2024 PM
Total Fish/Sizes : 62 LMB under 14”
Lures Used : Kietech black/blue 5” swimbait, strike king coffee sent craw

We arrived at Azalea Ranch with air temps in the upper 70’s. No boat or electronics with me so water temp was probably in the mid 60’s guessing, but the wind was 12-18 mph. Water was clear in some areas and mudding in the deeper end. 

However, we found the dinks in the cove behind the Bird Cabin we lodged at. We hauled in 62 bass and culled them. They were in the thick grass, so weightless craws and light swimbaits were the trick. You still had to fight the grass but it was worth the catch rate. Nothing over 14” was caught this trip but I saw some big blowups across the bank near the timber that I want to get to on another trip.

The land owner has the NEW BOAT for PWF members to use showing up today 3.14. So, this property will only get better. 

If your looking for a great property to lodge with your family, look no more. What a place to stay with my kiddos. They had a playset to play on, a paddle boat they took out around the lake, the wifi available to use because you know those kiddos do not want to fish all day like me. They have everything thought out and with the family in mind. We will definitely be making this a routine visit.

Thanks again to the land owner and PWF for an amazing spring break fishing trip with my kiddos!