Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 39017
Property Name : Minor Lake
Reservation Date : 03/13/2024 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 37
Lures Used : Rattletrap, Jig, Swimbait, Frog, Chatterbait

Minor Lake is a great addition, and it was well worth the drive. The property was beautiful and clean. Fished from 1-7 pm. The lake looked monstrous compared to the other PWF lakes I have fished. It has the Texas tea colored water. The water was at least normal pool level considering the water was running over the road leading to the ramp. From the prior post, the ramp was a little sketchy going in. There was a dip on one side, but I was able to launch the 15’ aluminum boat. The afternoon was windy, but it kept me cool from the later sun. The wind was blowing from the south towards the dam (north side) because the water at the dam was muddy. I concentrated on the clearer water along the east & west sides. I did not fish the south side as it was more stained and shallow. Clarity was 1’ so I used bigger baits to cause more vibration. The water temps were 63 degrees to start and 65 by the end. Lot of my catches were 3-5 pounds. I ended with 37 bass with no dinks. I don’t believe most have started moving shallow yet. I only had a chance to work the perimeter. The PWF’ers who have bigger boats and better electronics could scan and fish the huge offshore area. Other than that, hang on to your rod because these fish will take it out of your hand. I would not fish light line, haha. It has too much vegetation and structure underneath to break your line. I missed the bigger fish on this trip, but I will be back. Thank you owner and PWF!

Mar 14 2024

Larry Maupin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Great report! Thanks, Tri. I’ll be fishing ther soon so I appreciate your tips.

Mar 15 2024

Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Larry Maupin

Great report! Thanks, Tri. I’ll be fishing ther soon so I appreciate your tips.

Sounds good, Mr Maupin. The lake does have hydrilla, milfoil, lily pads, hyacinths and some other grasses but I am no grass expert. It looked like bass heaven so bring all your bass skills and baits. Leave your light tackle fishing gear at home. 😁

Mar 15 2024

Travis Holland

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report. I'm heading there next month. Looks like some healthy fish! I bet there's some big girls in there!

Mar 15 2024

Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Travis Holland

Thanks for the report. I'm heading there next month. Looks like some healthy fish! I bet there's some big girls in there!

Travis,

I would agree especially when I was catching 3-5# sizes steadily. The bigger girls just avoided me that day. I love the stained water over clear water, but I see you are equipped to scan and scope them out. Go wreck’em will you!

Apr 07 2024

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

That is an awesome looking boat. I

Apr 09 2024

Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Ford Rhodes

That is an awesome looking boat. I

Thanks Ford!

If you knew what I had paid for it, you thought I had stolen it haha. Turned around and recarpeted the decks & bunks. Put in front & rear trolling motors. It’s only a 15’ jon boat, but I can stand and cast without a hitch. I had my wife and I with 2 kids fishing in it last weekend on my home lake. Trailers great and it gets you in the smaller & larger PWF lakes. I still have upgrades to make!