Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38319
Property Name : The Bluffs of Sandy Shores
Reservation Date : 03/07/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 90 from 1-7 1/2#
Lures Used : Shaky head/TXrig Sally, and bone walking bait

Dr Paul and I got to the lake before sunrise so we could gear up and get organized.  Cloudy and abkut 65 degrees all day until the last hour of the day wjen it started to storm.  The wind would cycle and lay down and then gust for a bit.  When it did, we would move the boat behind one of the islands.

the rope water action was on all day.  Throwing a bone colored walking spook is one of my favorite things to do and Paul and I jokingly call it “fish crack!”  And right on queu I chunked it out there and it got destroyed.  Now as you can see in the report, 53 culls is a lot but remember , sometimes those fish that are 14-16 inches are fat, healthy and fight/jump like they are huge.  Especially when they leap out of the water and would attack that spook.  We had a blast.  also, the culls in the tank still fight so hard they were banging the metal lid to the tank and a few even shot out the top to get back in the lake!!  Dr Paul used the black/blue Ocho worm on a shaky head and nailed the 7.7#er which was an amazing fish.  We caught a ton of 2-4.5 ers but surprisingly not many at all on moving baits.  Crankbaits or rattle traps or spinner baits did not do much.  This place is so much fun so thank you PWF and owner.

Mar 08 2024

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Wow, what a fun day!!  Looks like the tail on the big bass is all beat up and bloody. Where you able to see any beds in the shallows?