Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38789
Property Name : Long Lake
Reservation Date : 03/02/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15
Lures Used : TRIG

Fished Long Lake on Saturday and caught 15 with the largest going 6lbs 6oz. Also caught one that weighed 5.1, another 4.11 and every bite was aggressive and their was nothing subtle with these fish. Maybe I am still used to the winter bite but I had a couple 4 pounders stripping drag and I seriously thought I had an 7+ pounder on as it dove straight down to 20 ft of water.   Surprisingly, I only had one cull this trip. You will see on the big bass the anal fin is pretty beat up and that was the only fish I saw that had signs it was working a bed. 

Also as stated in the title, over the holiday break I worked with Eric and we sunk 100 trees in Long.  I attached a map I made of the lake, and the boat icon represents the launch area. The gray square / waypoint denotes the area where we put the trees and we put them in a straight line that starts at 16ft in the center (at the ledge) and falling to 21 ft as you get closer shore.  I also included a couple pics from the side scan and down scan. Hopefully this will provide some cover for the shad in the summertime and create a hotspot. 

Mar 03 2024

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice job Mike. I gotta get out there 

Mar 04 2024

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

Nice job Mike. I gotta get out there 

Thanks John. 

Mar 04 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Those are some great looking fish Mike!  Really appreciate the map and photos from the electronics, super helpful.  Most of all, really appreciate you helping Eric add habitat to the lake, it will absolutely make a positive difference going forward!

Mar 05 2024

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Those are some great looking fish Mike!  Really appreciate the map and photos from the electronics, super helpful.  Most of all, really appreciate you helping Eric add habitat to the lake, it will absolutely make a positive difference going forward!

Is there a ramp at long lake or could put a trailer on from the bank?  

Mar 06 2024

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Chris Haller

Is there a ramp at long lake or could put a trailer on from the bank?  

There isn't a ramp that is long enough to launch a boat from. I have my kayak on a trailer and will back it up to the point where my tires just touch the water. From there I hand launch by pulling it off…...or pull it up and back on the trailer.  At the launch area there is a couple feet of bank to work with but there is a steep drop off. 

Mar 06 2024

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

There isn't a ramp that is long enough to launch a boat from. I have my kayak on a trailer and will back it up to the point where my tires just touch the water. From there I hand launch by pulling it off…...or pull it up and back on the trailer.  At the launch area there is a couple feet of bank to work with but there is a steep drop off. 

I noticed the description on the main page says the “boat is temporarily unavailable”.  There were 3 Jon boats there on Saturday. 

Mar 06 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

I noticed the description on the main page says the “boat is temporarily unavailable”.  There were 3 Jon boats there on Saturday. 

Thanks for the note on that Mike.  We just added a good boat at Blue Rock and were able to move the Blue Rock boat over to Long Lake which is an improvement over the one that was there (very tippy).  I have updated the property page to reflect that.

Mar 06 2024

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Scott Quigley

Thanks for the note on that Mike.  We just added a good boat at Blue Rock and were able to move the Blue Rock boat over to Long Lake which is an improvement over the one that was there (very tippy).  I have updated the property page to reflect that.

Good deal, thanks Scott. I also saw the newer boat at Blue Rock and a great addition.  Thanks again for all the help. 

Mar 07 2024

Michael Svoboda

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Good deal, thanks Scott. I also saw the newer boat at Blue Rock and a great addition.  Thanks again for all the help. 

Great job building out this lake Mike. It has great depth should be some big ones in there.