So peaceful...

Feb 26 2024

Chris Rosenbaum

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38577
Property Name : Cassidy Farms
Reservation Date : 02/24/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 16 - 15 lmb (up to 2.84) and 1 crappie (my PB @ 1.75!)
Lures Used : black/ white crankbait, white swim senko

First time visiting Cassidy Farms.  You can’t really tell from the pictures but this lake sits down in a bowl.  You can’t be seen from the road and you feel like you that there is no one for miles around.  Such a peacefull lake!

Fished from 7am to 2:30.  Took me a while to figure out what the fish wanted.  There is not much structure in the lake – I should have brought my electronics but didn’t. If I had, I think I could have had some better luck fishing the old creek channel that runs through the lake.

The fish I caught were out from casting out to the middle of the lake and retrieving back towards the edge.  Found some bass on the bottom dragging a swim senko but caught most on a crankbait.

There were bedding fish all over the lake. I probably saw 50 bass on beds. They were quite distracted and I didn’t want to bother them :)

Healthy fish, great lake, very relaxing!  And I caught my PB crappie.  What a slab!

Thanks to the owners for letting me fish their property.  Very appreciated!

Feb 26 2024

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report Chris, it is a peaceful spot.  Amazing that so many of the females were on beds already, super warm stretch for February.  Normally those ladies would have been feeding in the areas you were catching which would have improved that average size and catch rate for you.  Congrats on the PB crappie, that is a nice slab!