3rd PWF Outing - Flying J - Slow Fishing but Good Times!

Jan 09 2024

Jacob Evans

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38257
Property Name : Flying J
Reservation Date : 01/07/2024 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 4 LMB - 13"-15"
Lures Used : Ned Rig, Wacky Worm, Crankbait, Jigs

Another great PWF outing! Fished from 8a-2p. 

I wasn’t too optimistic about the fishing but needed to escape the big city for the day. Flying J was easy to find and the roads were in good condition after the recent rains. Club V-jon boat was in decent condition with a small pin leak near the transom.

Wind was a constant issue today even with the newly acquired anchor. I have a “bullnose rudder” coming from amazon and that should help in the future. 

Fished a new rod combo today using a wacky worm which caught 2 fish of the day. Nice. Also threw the Jig for some time but no luck. A TX-rigged Pit Boss caught the other 2 fish of the day. Culled one bass who was just a little squirt. 

Awesome day! 

Jan 11 2024

Stephen Ford

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report, Jacob. The big news here is that you caught 3 fish longer than 14”. Harvesting is working! I have caught 80-100 fish at Flying J, and almost every one of them was under 14” (most around 11”).  I am so happy to hear that the average is going up because of the efforts of PWF.

Jan 11 2024

Jacob Evans

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Stephen Ford

Thanks for the report, Jacob. The big news here is that you caught 3 fish longer than 14”. Harvesting is working! I have caught 80-100 fish at Flying J, and almost every one of them was under 14” (most around 11”).  I am so happy to hear that the average is going up because of the efforts of PWF.

Wow, yes these fish were well over the 11” mark! Glad to help where I can. I will get myself a bump-board or measuring board to take easier, more accuracte measurements. Trying to measure those rascals with a tape measurer is not exactly easy!!! 😂