Dec 21 2023

Darrell Collier

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38092
Property Name : Salt Lick Lake
Reservation Date : 12/20/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 7
Lures Used : Silver Rat-L-Trap, chartreuse Buzz Bait, golf/orange rogue, and more

Got to spend the afternoon fishing with my son back home from college.  Had a slow start to the afternoon, but it was a beautiful afternoon!  Salt Lick is fairly protected from the wind, so that’s always nice, and it’s very clear water.  We tried many lures and techniques.  Our best catch was after 4p when the shad started surfacing all over the lake.  If we were lucky to be nearby, we caught ‘em on the rat-l-trap and rogue.  Last 30 minutes before dark my son caught a couple on a baby buzz bait on ultra-light spin tackle…super fun.  Interesting thing was that we had zero luck on any bottom baits (worms, jigs, etc.) – in the trees, deep, shallow, or shoreline.  We saw ducks, turtles, cows, and even a beaver scooting across the lake at dusk.

My second time to the property, and Eric is a great host, said hi on the way in and during the afternoon.  I appreciate, as I think most members do, ranch owners that really like to see the members have a great time.  Thank you Eric and PWF for allowing us to fish such a great property!

Dec 21 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Hi Darrell. I am curious if you saw where the beaver exited the lake. I found a couple slides on the west end of Long Lake and was concerned it may be from an otter but I haven't seen anything swimming around.   Thanks. 

Dec 22 2023

Darrell Collier

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

Hi Darrell. I am curious if you saw where the beaver exited the lake. I found a couple slides on the west end of Long Lake and was concerned it may be from an otter but I haven't seen anything swimming around.   Thanks. 

Hi Mike.  We didn't see it exit, but saw it re-enter right at dark about 50 yards down the West Bank from the launch.  

Dec 22 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Darrell Collier

Hi Mike.  We didn't see it exit, but saw it re-enter right at dark about 50 yards down the West Bank from the launch.  

Got it, thanks Darrell.