Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 38086
Property Name : Blue Rock Lake
Reservation Date : 12/19/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 30
Lures Used : Jig, drop shot

Fished Blue Rock on Tuesday, water temp was 52, morning air temp was 38 and a steady 10mph wind. Ended up with 30 for the day and largest was 5lbs 9oz, with two over 5lbs, four over 4lbs and a few 3 pounders as well. 11 were culled. You can see in the picks these are well fed fish, thick from belly to back and absolute tanks.  I need to check my scale because the bigger ones looked and felt heavier then what they registered, and a day where having a net on the kayak payed off.    Always a blast when the jig bite is on and most of the fish were caught in the 18 to 24ft zone, close to the weed line.  I was still pulling up healthy looking coontail from deep water and those were the most productive spots. The drop shot was working well also, but with the weeds and bigger fish I stuck with heavier tackle for most of the day. I got to connect with Eric and always great to catch up with him. He is planning on more forage and more trees this year so the Wills Point lakes will continue to produce fat fish.