Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37783
Property Name : Blue Rock Lake
Reservation Date : 11/11/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 37
Lures Used : Spinnerbait, Crankbait, Rattletrap, Trig creature, Frog

The wind was blowing but the bass were biting at Blue Rock. My daughter and I fished from 1230-5. The water temp stayed at 64-65 degrees. Clarity was at least 3'-4' and the water level was maybe 2-3' low. I like that the owner placed structures around the perimeter. Spring time fishing will be awesome once the water goes to normal. I caught a lot of really small bass mixed in with 2s, 3s, a couple of 4s, and a 5+. The largest was caught right at the boat yo-yoing a rattletrap through the grass near the ramp in 5-7' of water. The others were caught drifting in 20-25' casting parallel and diagonal to the grassline perimeter over the main drop-off. I didn't scan nor fish offshore considering the wind was a bit strong and I didn't have spotlock. We had a skinny little jon boat to fish out of so drifting was best in the wind. It was nice a couple of times in the northeast section of the dam when it shielded the wind a bit. I think anyting shad color & small/medium size worked best to match the small schools of shad or tilapia(not sure) we saw boiling on the southwest corner around the lily pads. We ended up catching 37 and culled 15. Great little spot to spend the afternoon! Thank you owner and PWF!