Great Day on a Great Property

Nov 09 2023

Greg Davis

Fry

Number of Posts :

Caught 17 LMB

Dinks to 3.5lbs

Lures Chatterbait, Pop R, Spinnerbait, TRW, flukes

This is such a beautiful lake, it makes it easy to want to go back. This was  My 2nd or 3rd time out here, as I continue to search for places and patterns on the property. Left my Twin Troller at home and used the club boat that was in great shape. Got out about 9: 30 and fished until 5. It was pretty windy until noon, I was glad I brought my anchor. I started out fishing the fence line across from the launch.  Bass were chasing dragonflies, so I skipped a white chatter bait across the surface, but quickly  switched to the Pop R with a sparkle tail, and picked up a couple of 2-3 pounders. Worked the inlet across from the workshop and landed a few more. The grass line where the end of the creek meets the lake proved to be productive, and I fished there the rest of the day, with flukes being the best producers . I had a chaser blow up by the edge of the boat that looked to be pretty decent, but as in previous trips, bass where 2-3 lbs. I would be interested to know if the lake has produced many big fish. Capped off the day with a great homestyle dinner at Danielles, highly recommended!

Nov 09 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Greg,

I wasn’t sure what the biggest fish (reported) at Bluebonnet was for the past couple of years. But, the biggest fish on a fishing report was a 7.2 caught by Alex Elrod in Feb of 22. There was a 6.1 caught in Nov of 22 and a 6.0 caught in July of 2022. About 1/3 of the reports for the past few years had fish up to 5 to 5½ lbs. So, it looks like a good population of 3-5 lbers, but only a few over 5 lbs. Hope that helps. To me, it is one of our top lake that is within 40 miles of downtown Dallas. 

Steve

Nov 10 2023

Greg Davis

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Hi Greg,

I wasn’t sure what the biggest fish (reported) at Bluebonnet was for the past couple of years. But, the biggest fish on a fishing report was a 7.2 caught by Alex Elrod in Feb of 22. There was a 6.1 caught in Nov of 22 and a 6.0 caught in July of 2022. About 1/3 of the reports for the past few years had fish up to 5 to 5½ lbs. So, it looks like a good population of 3-5 lbers, but only a few over 5 lbs. Hope that helps. To me, it is one of our top lake that is within 40 miles of downtown Dallas. 

Steve

Hey Steve

Thanks for the info, it's great to have that insight.

It is an inspirational property, and will be going back to chase hunt some piggies !