Nov 07 2023

Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37655
Property Name : Hidden Springs Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/06/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 39
Lures Used : Spinnerbait, Crankbait, Rattletrap, Big swim baits, Trick worms (red), Trig worm 10",  Wacky rig senko (bubble gum)

My brother and I fished Hidden Springs Ranch from 10-5 pm on 11-6. In my opinion, it was the most beautiful property I've fished at with PWF for sure. This was the Texas tea colored water of all Texas tea colored waters. Hidden Springs has a lot of different structures to fish and the lake was laid out so much bigger than we expected. I don't know if the cold weather front a few days ago had them in a funk but the fishing was a little challenging at first. Water temp was in the low 60s initially but warmed up to 69. We didn't have time to explore the whole lake especially offshore given the size and late start. Plastics didn't work at the beginning but it worked later in the afternoon. We caught them fairly shallow and deep. The majority were right off the underwater grassline. There were a few shallow points you could run a rattletrap to get a reaction bite. Otherwise, lures that worked were listed. They were hard fighters. We ended up catching 39, culled 13, and hauled in a huge tilapia. Caught the tilapia on a spinnerbait. The concrete launch was great. We drove farther past the gate because we didn't see the PWF sign. We would definitely love to come back for a couple of days in the spring. What a value for this amazing property. Thank you owner and PWF! 

Nov 07 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Tri, 

I agree with you. This is a top 10 lake in the club and maybe a top 5 lake. Because of its proximity it sees a relatively low amount of reservations. We have a very committed landowner who spends lots of time and money to make this an outstanding place. We are so grateful to be able to fish here! 

We love that 39 fish is considered a challenge. 99% of anglers on a public lake would love a 39 fish day. But we ain't fishing public water are we? Way to go!!!

Nov 07 2023

Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Tri, 

I agree with you. This is a top 10 lake in the club and maybe a top 5 lake. Because of its proximity it sees a relatively low amount of reservations. We have a very committed landowner who spends lots of time and money to make this an outstanding place. We are so grateful to be able to fish here! 

We love that 39 fish is considered a challenge. 99% of anglers on a public lake would love a 39 fish day. But we ain't fishing public water are we? Way to go!!!

Steve, it was a little slow the first couple of hours or so but it picked up later once we found a couple of baits they were keying on. We would love a link to rent the houses on the property if available?

Nov 07 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Tri Vo

Steve, it was a little slow the first couple of hours or so but it picked up later once we found a couple of baits they were keying on. We would love a link to rent the houses on the property if available?

Unfortunately we cannot stay at the houses on the lake. They are for family only. Bummer! 

Nov 08 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Dang, that's a monster tilapia!  Also the image from the side scan is impressive and crystal clear. 

Nov 08 2023

Tri Vo

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

Dang, that's a monster tilapia!  Also the image from the side scan is impressive and crystal clear. 

Mike, I thought I had a stud bass. My brother will let me know how it taste haha. 

Yes pretty clear. That's a jumbo monitor at the console. I was using it to catch fish from the back of the boat as he was navigating up front. 😀