Stephen Ford

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37704
Property Name : Flying J
Reservation Date : 11/03/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 13/all under 14”
Lures Used : Variety, success on faster moving baits

Having fished this property a few times, I knew it would be a day focused on numbers instead of size. The numbers were lower than I expected, but it was not bad given the conditions and the time I spent playing around with new ideas.
The forecast indicated the wind might come and go throughout the day. I'm not sure it ever stopped. I was bank fishing, so I had to make some adjustments. No big deal, I planned my locations accordingly. 
The bites came in small bunches, but I would go an hour or 2 with none. I wanted to use the day to experiment with some different presentations, lures and colors, so I did that once I caught a couple in an area. The color and speed really mattered on this day.

The bass showed they wanted something moving fast, and they barely hit anything that did not have some hint of chartreuse. While I landed a couple on different swimjigs and even a grub, most came on a small lipless crankbait and a double bladed spinnerbait. All of the bites came offshore, about as far out as I could cast. The lipless crankbait helped since it can be launched the farthest.

Like we all say….always better than a day at work.