Oct 21 2023

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37584
Property Name : Blue Rock Lake
Reservation Date : 10/20/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 50+, dinks up to 5lb
Lures Used : 3" swimbait w/ underspin, mini chatterbait, whopper plopper, lipless crank,

Got to the lake just before sunrise and started fishing from the bank w/ topwater.  Wind was dead calm to begin with temp in low 60’s warming up to 90 or so during the day.  Water was clear w/ 6’ visibility, and lake is still about 4’ low where much of the added structure is sticking out of the water or completely on the bank.  The breeze picked up mid morning but very gentle 5-8 mph all day.  Got a blow-up on a frog first thing from what was probably a dink, but no hook-up.  I caught a couple of dinks on a small whopper plopper, then got in the boat and started working along the east side.  Topwater wasn’t working, so I switched to a small swimbait on an underspin, and that’s when the magic started.  The small ones were very active and I caught them steadily all morning expecially in the NE corner and around the pump.  While it was mostly a day for small fish (I culled 33), I did catch 1 at 5lb, 4 over 3lb, and a couple over 2lb.  Many of the 12-14” culls had fat bellies from all the shad they are eating.  After a lunch break, the afternoon bite alternated between more of the underspin in the NW corner and a shad colored mini chatterbait thrown around bass busting shad in the SE corner around the hay bales.  Overall, this was a great day of catching, and would have been the perfect day for a couple of BFS setups (mine haven’t come just yet).  Eric stopped by early afternoon for a chat, and was pleased to hear that the fishing was good and the bass were feeding up on all the shad he’s added to the lake this year.  Thanks to him and PWF for the opportunity to have days like this on the water.

Oct 21 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice catches and that bass in the 2nd picture is super thick.