Brylan Madderra

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37563
Property Name : Backside of the Moon Lake
Reservation Date : 10/14/2023 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 5 - all around 2 lbs, and one at 3.5
Lures Used : plastics, worm, fluke, chatterbait with fluke trailer, Spinner

Very cool drive to the property if you like off road rock cllimbing. I have a Tundra off road edition and it did really well, lot of fun.  However, if you have a smaller truck or suv it may be tougher. I wouldnt try it in a car myself. But, for the excitement of driving through the trees in rough terrain only to open up to a beautiful tree lined lake was amazing. Got seveal light scratches on the top and sides of truck. Once out of the woods, the launch point is clean and easy to back down. Very windy morning. Got a late start again, didn’t arrive until 9:30 and the wind was gnarly. Decided to push the 55lb trolling motor against wind up towards the cabin and shallow water and let the wind drift me back. It’s a big lake, and with the wind and my lack of time, I was not going to be able to fish the entire lake.  Ended up fighting the wind more than fighting the fish on the way to the other side, but drifting back was a lot of fun. Caught all my fish about 10 feet from bank near the Rocks in a small cove across from the launch point. Because of the wind and only somewhat consistent bites, I pretty much stayed in there. Texas Rig worm, watermelon red worked best for me. One on Chatterbait.