Stephen Johnston

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37555
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 10/14/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 71 dink to 3.5 lbs
Lures Used : Frog, Fluke, Senko, TX Rig worm

Fished from 7:45 to 4:45. Strong winds made fishing Arrowhead almost impossible so spent most of the day fishing Goose Lake. Caught a total of 71 with 34 being culls. Lots of small fish and most of those over the slot were not over by much. Did catch a handul in the 2.5-3.5 lb. range. The topwater bite was on fire all morning. The topwater bite was still strong but I was worn out working the frog. About half of the 71 were caught on a frog with the other half being caught on a fluke. Tried fishing a TX rigged worm and a senko but they wanted none of it. They wanted something moving. I caught 2 at Arrowhead but the remaining 69 were all at Goose Lake. The bite was strong all day. This was the first chance I’d had to fish since July so it was great to get out and have such a good day.

Oct 16 2023

Scott Quigley

Admin

Number of Posts :

That is an awesome topwater bite, glad you got on them out there!  I know the wind was an issue for fishing Arrowhead that day, but how was the vegetation?  Hopefully plenty of fishable water there at this point with the cooler temps we’ve had.