Fired up Fish

Oct 15 2023

Ford Rhodes

Fry

Number of Posts :

Started off slow. I got one three pounder shortly after launching and then nothing for a bit. I started going around the bank and caught probably six. All off lay downs. At the dam I picked up another one. Nothing by the dock and then had one grab my bait and shake off. I noticed that while I wasn't getting a ton of bites, the fish were coming up and hammering my lure. As long as my bait went close enough to them they were launching off the bottom at it. So I tied on my Roman Made Mother to see if anything would try it. First cast and it got smashed right at the boat. Solid four pounder. Next cast I hooked another one that shook off. Then my action cooled as the sun came out from the clouds. I caught about eight more all over the lake after that, just not as quickly as before. 

I had been here once before and didn't have any luck. Really cold that day. I'm glad I came back. I didn't catch any monsters, but I didn't have any long periods without a bite and the fish were crazy agressive. I don't know how many fish I actually caught,  UT I had about six shake the bait, saw several that saw me as they were about to bite and took off. One bass came back for times to hit my glide bait and just never got the hook. This place is a new favorite for me.