First trip after joining PWF- glad I joined!

Sep 17 2023

Hal ODell

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 37308
Property Name : Cody Ranch Hart Lakes
Reservation Date : 09/16/2023 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 23
Lures Used : Plastics, swim baits, jigs, topwater

Fished upper Hart from 12:45 to 6:45, with an hour siesta. Mostly cloudy to sunny, high about 84, wind 2-10 N to NW. I appreciated getting a call from PWF that landowner reported that lake was overgrown with vegetation, and that I could switch if I wanted to. I got there and decided to push ahead. Lots of floating yellow heart (huge lily pad looking plant, non native and invasive), and a normal amount of weeds otherwise. But once I got the boat through the yellow heart, fishing was fine. Caught 23, a lot were similar size, 11-14”, a few smaller. 8 big enough to release, all pretty similar at 15-17”. None larger than about 2.5 lb. Good action on Texas rig brown/orange Mr Twister and brown weedless bass jig around timber; several fish on weightless purple worm on/just below surface in and among the pads. A few on shallow swim bait. No action on topwater lures. Probably should have stopped fishing that pond an hour or more sooner. Three hours or so and I had pretty much covered it all repeatedly, and fishing really slowed down. All in all, an excellent day!

Sep 17 2023

Markus Castillo

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Welcome to the club! Glad you had a great first trip.

Sep 17 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hal, Welcome to the club. We fished one of the other lakes, China Lake, the morning you were there. We left about noon. Sorry we missed you. Hart Lakes are really chocked out. Next time you go try, Moonshine, China, Acker, Peach Creek or Crabgrass. 

I have not been to Cody Ranch in a year and I was so glad I went. Such a cool place!