Grapeland Bennett Lake Updates?

Aug 21 2023

Greg Robinson

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I was wondering if anyone could give an update on Bennett Lake. I am especially curious if the grasses have subsided or are they completley covering the lake.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Greg Robinson

Sep 04 2023

Michael Lynds

Fry

Number of Posts :

I too am curious if the grass has taken over the lake completely by now..?  I fished Bennett in the Sring time and it was already pretty full of grass.  Historically this has been a favorite lake but it seems there is no maintanence on it over the last few years.  I’m curious if there is anyone taking care of it at all anymore…

Sep 06 2023

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Greg/Michael,

Currently virtually all our lakes are low and some are really low. However, the ones is east Texas are generally in the best shape. We reached out to the landowner yesterday and they have not been to the ranch in 3 weeks, so we have no current update. But, my experience with this lake is that it is likely very fishable and down 2-3 feet. The water is generally clear here and likely 50% or so covered in aquatic vegetation. But with 40 acres of water I think you would have plenty of open water and or pockets to fish. I’m sorry that we could not be more specific and detailed. Just don’t have an exact answer. But, hope this helps. If you go, please post a report or call the office to let us know. 

Steve

Sep 06 2023

Greg Robinson

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Steve Alexander

Hi Greg/Michael,

Currently virtually all our lakes are low and some are really low. However, the ones is east Texas are generally in the best shape. We reached out to the landowner yesterday and they have not been to the ranch in 3 weeks, so we have no current update. But, my experience with this lake is that it is likely very fishable and down 2-3 feet. The water is generally clear here and likely 50% or so covered in aquatic vegetation. But with 40 acres of water I think you would have plenty of open water and or pockets to fish. I’m sorry that we could not be more specific and detailed. Just don’t have an exact answer. But, hope this helps. If you go, please post a report or call the office to let us know. 

Steve

Hey Steve thanks so much checking on things for us. I will be looking at my work schedule and trying to book a trip soon and then report back to everyone

Oct 28 2023

Ford Rhodes

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

If you know where the stump in the middle is, think of a line about ten feet behind that, cutting off the shallow end of the lake. That's still grass. The rest of the lake is pretty clear.