Tree Farm

May 07 2012

David Tran

Fry

Number of Posts :

Being my first PWF reservation, I was looking forward to catching some bass and lots of it. I got what I was looking for….

I started off the day at around 7:30 fishing the banks of the the big lake with no hits on topwater. After about 1 hr of no topwater hits,  I decided to get on the Jon boat that was available and head to the end of the lake where the trees were. I got my first hit with a pumpkin/red zoom fluke with ultra light combo…FUN!! These bass here are STRONG and love to jump! I caught a few more 1-2 lb’s with the fluke and a white spinner bait….I had around 10 fish by noon and took a break.

I decided to try the South Lake in the afternoon and the action there was more steady. I landed about 10 more fish (mostly small) in about 30 minutes standing in one spot working the island 20 feet off the bank.

The wind picked up so I took a break from bass fishing and tried some catfishing by the area with the swings and canopy.  I was able to land 2 nice channel cats and 1 yellow cat. While fishing for catfish, the friendly owner came by to chat and give tips.

Using the owner’s tip and advice, I switch to a back/chartreuse tip worm and the action really picked up.
I decided to fish the south lake again on the back side (near the fences) and caught 5 fish at least 3.5-5lbs along with lots of 1-2lbs. Again, these fish are really STONG and will work your drag!

Fished from 7am-7pm:
Total for the day 35-40 bass +3 catfish for dinner.

I had a great 1st trip with PWF and look forward to fishing the other locations!

Sorry for the long report!
Tight Lines!

David T.

Posted By: David Tran

May 07 2012

David Tran

Fry

Number of Posts :

If you want quiet place to fish and relax, this is not the location. Being on a Sunday, there were still lots of contstuction noises and jet/airplane taking off and landing.

May 07 2012

Steve Alexander

Keeper

Number of Posts :

David,

Great first trip and congratulations!