Damon Live Oak

May 04 2012

Jason Starr

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fished here the last two weekends (Sat 21st and Sun 29th), so apologies to everyone for the delayed reports.  Both trips were great!

On Saturday 21st I took a guest.  We fished from 9A to 3P.  We caught 23 total.  Only 2 dinks with the biggest at 20 inches.  Many were caught in the 2 to 3 range.

On Sunday 29th I took my wife fishing.  We fished from 10A to 3P, and while we did not get the same numbers, we caught even bigger fish!  We caught 12 between us, the top 3 going 22, 21”, and 20”.  My wife caught the biggest 2 in back to back casts!  (bitter sweet in that she beat me, but she had a blast so that means more fishing in my future).

The lake is still really low, but it has a lot more water than last summer.  I fished here last July and had written it off until I saw Tony’s posting.  I wouldn’t attempt a boat or even kayak out here at this point, but you can bank fish almost all of the water.  They’ve also been pumping water into the lake pretty regularly.  We caught quite a few on top water, mostly poppers.  The big ones were all caught on weedless rigged worms.  The landonwer has turned the property over to his son in laws to manage.  They seem eager to add value to the fishery.  I bet Brian can sell them on the mutual value of offering half day rates, just sayin!

Posted By: Jason Starr