Joe V. Smith

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36797
Property Name : Jones Lake
Reservation Date : 06/27/2023 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 30 bass upto 5 lbs
Lures Used : worms & wacky

Fished Jones Lake Tuesday morning from 6:45a to 10:30a . The lake is as full as I have ever see it with visibility to 30”. The vegetation is very fishable using weightless or 1/32 oz wt.I was able to fish any part of the lake. The launch areas required pushing the grass and reeds out of the way to reach the water which was not a problem.

Caught 30 bass with the largest at 5 lbs then a few 3  & 3 ½ lb bass. Of this total 8 were removed but only 3 were small the others were just under the 14” mark.Started catching fish immediately using a weightless crawdad and 4” wat/red wacky with 1/32 oz wt. Catching fish at a steady rate working a tree line when I saw either a breaver or large snake swim in from the other side. I gave the area to whatever it was and went to the feeder to try for bream with the fly rod.The feeder never turned on and only caught a half dozen bream with that attempt so headed to the island and caught the 5 lb bass.The bass were active the entire time around tree lines,floating grass lines and the shore line but at 10 am it was hot and by 10:30 time to go home.