John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36722
Property Name : Deer Trail Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/24/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 24 bass and 1 bluegill
Lures Used : Soft Plastics

My friend and coworker Travis has been thinking about joining PWF so I took him to the Bluffs two weeks ago where he caught his personal best.  Today, we took our respective sons to Deer Trail where Travis caught his new personal best of 4.3 lbs and his 12 year old son also caught his personal best.

I started the day off at 4 AM with my truck battery being dead.  I have a portable jump starter that I jumped it with that I carried with me for comfort of mind since I was unsure why it was dead.  I didn't have any more trouble after that but still nerve wracking.  We still made it to the lake right at sunrise though.

Travis started in the club boat with his son headed down the west bank fishing frogs and various soft plastics.  I fished in my War Eagle with my son headed across to the east bank fishing topwater.  When we met again near the dam both boats had 5 bass each.  Team Daniels finished the day with 13 bass, one bluegill and a 2.75 lb kicker caught on a hollow body top water frog.  Team Ashby finished with 11 bass with a 4.3 lb kicker caught on a green wacky rigged senko.

The heat ran us off to the IHOP in Sulphur Springs fairly early at noon.  You could tell the boys had fun though by the way they were telling their fish tales.  Thank you PWF.