The weather report was a joke!

Jun 20 2023

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Harrison Ranch has 2-great little lakes with very clear water. Eel grass is abundant in the shallow end of the big lake and about 8’ around the bank in the rest of the lake. As we customarily do a few days prior to and the night before, we checked the weather channel app.to see what to expect. It called for winds 5-10 mph, with wind out of the SSE at 8 mph. When we arrived, the winds were blowing steady at 15 with gust up to 25. There was bad weather there the night before, we saw many tree limbs down along the highway on the way there. With all that said, we managed to catch 15+ bass…they all looked to be around 2-2½ lbs., the largest @ 3 lbs. Almost everything was caught on plastic. T-rig swim baits and brush hogs worked best. If you want to take the grandkids for a great day on the water, look no further! This place has a healty population of fish. Thanks again to PWF and the lanowner for an enjoyable experience.

Jun 21 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Good job on putting some fish in the boat. Weather folk are well paid to get their job ½ right (or wrong)- and they have nice hair. 

Jun 21 2023

Joshua Massoud

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By John Freeman

Good job on putting some fish in the boat. Weather folk are well paid to get their job ½ right (or wrong)- and they have nice hair. 

Hair and outfit are prerequisites. 

Jun 23 2023

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Joshua Massoud

Hair and outfit are prerequisites. 

Josh, we know about wind don’t we. Remember when we fished Double A?  lol

Aug 30 2023

Glen Armstrong

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Hello. I am a fellow PWF member. I am looking for someone who is really knowledgeable using the Lowrance HDS carbon units. I am a fairly new user and have been frustrated trying to learn how to use this unit for the most benefit. Steve at PWF said you might be the person I need. Are you a Lowrance user? Thanks

Aug 31 2023

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Power Poles are nice but an anchor and a rope will save many a windy day!!