A Great Father’s Day at Harrison Ranch

Jun 18 2023

Robert Alschbach

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36700
Property Name : Harrison Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/17/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 40 fish: 10 under 1lb / 10 around 1 to 1 1/2 lbs / 15 2lbs / 5 over 3lbs
Lures Used : Swim jig / glide bait / jerk bait / frog / senko

Took my son and my dad to Harrison ranch for a Father's Day fishing trip and we had a great time! Caught 40 fish from 1 to 3 1/2lbs. We caught them all over the lake but caught the most along the bank and grass line. The swim jig and senko caught the most fish but Luke caught about six with glide baits as the water was very clear with good visibility. It is a great property with two nice lakes to fish. We fished the smaller lake after lunch and caught a few fish from the bank, the smaller pond has some Lilly pads  and the water is not as clear as the larger lake. The big lake has some timber to target and the fishing and catching was pretty steady. It was a great day and lots of fun.

Jun 23 2023

Charles McCarble

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

What a differance a day makes! My son and I fished there the day before you. We had steady winds 15-20 mph, with gust up to 25. Even worse, the night before, a bad storm blew through there. You probable noticed all of the limbs and debris in the area (I think they had hail as well). We struggled to boat 15- bass fishing ½ day. Just a day later you guys caught 40. I knew if anyone fished later that week they would do well. Usually takes a day or two for fishing to improve after a storm. Congrats on an awesome day!