Jordan Massey

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36520
Property Name : Trinity Lakes
Reservation Date : 06/10/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 50
Lures Used : Topwater, Chatterbaits, Whacky Worms

This was the first time my uncle & I have fished Trinity Lakes in about a year due to the low water levels. I was very excited to see these lakes reopen again and this trip didn’t disappoint. For those of you reading this that don’t know, Comanche lake is no longer available to fish. In the past of the three lakes, Comanche produced the smallest fish, so it was not a big deal. One thing to note, the dirt road that leads to the property off highway 67 is a lot rougher than I remember. Take your time navigating as there are some big potholes.

Arrowhead

We were on the water by 7am, maybe even a little earlier. Arrowhead is at full pool which made launching our 14ft aluminum boat easy. This lake has an abundant amount of grass in it both below the surface and on the surface, but we were able to navigate. Most of our success here was on topwater and chatterbaits with a few coming off whacky worms. The fish were in the grass and were coming out and hammering lures. All the fish we caught were fat and healthy, but they were just under the 14” harvest size. We caught about 35 here and returned 5. The fish were in the 1-2.5-pound range here. We fished here from 7am to 11am, then 3:30-5:00.

Goose Lake

Boy was this one tough. Goose is also at full pool and the designated launch area here is really steep, so launching was no issue. Goose lake is full of grass and made navigating difficult. Anything with a trolling motor, pedal kayak, etc are going to have a tough time on goose. A paddle kayak would be ideal for this lake. We caught about 10 here and they were all in about the pound range. In the past, we have had great success on goose but the only thing that were caught this time were little ones. We fished goose lake from 1pm to about 3:30.