John Daniels

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36129
Property Name : The Bluffs of Sandy Shores
Reservation Date : 06/02/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 54 bass & 2 bluegill
Lures Used : frogs, flukes, swim baits, wacky rig and a chrome rattle trap

I caught my PWF personal best and my friend Travis caught his biggest ever and the most bass he has ever caught in a day.  It was his first time to a PWF lake.

We arrived just before sunrise.  Water was 86 F.  No wind. Water was glass like.  Started fishing a hollow bodied top water frog.  On my second cast I had a bass hit my frog but I didn't get a hook in him.   As we approached our first island I had a bass hit my frog so hard he launched himself about a foot out of the water.  I got a good hook set on this one and was able to land my PWF personal best at 6.45 lbs.  Later in the morning I caught a 4.6, a 5.25 and a 5.85 lb bass. The 5.8 was the fighter.  I thought I had double digit with how hard it was pulling.  It was able to turn the boat about 90 degrees.  All the biguns were caught on a green jig with a blue black trailer.  All were caught around the islands.  We did not catch a single fish on the cool looking cliff face.   

My friend Travis caught his PB of 3.25 on a bluegill colored fluke in front of one of the fish feeders on the big island about mid morning.  

We caught 30 bass even in the morning.  We didn't catch a fish after 10 am so we went back home for lunch and to rest up.  We planned to get back out on the water by 4 PM but a no alarm set nap and bad traffic put us back on the water at 6 PM.  We fished until sunset.  We ended up catching 54 bass and 2 bluegill for the day.  It was a fantastic day on an awesome lake.