Little A Lake = Action

May 31 2023

Ryan Sipe

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Saw the announcement of this lake last week and a couple great reports so had to try it out for a half day in the morning.  On the water by 7am and off by noon, temps in the mid-70’s.  Wind was almost non-existent with glass like conditions at times.  Cloudy most of the day, but the sun peaked thru around 9:30am. Clarity was a few feet, obviously much better when the sun was present.

Started off right of the ramp with a 6th Sense catwalk and caught one on the first cast; some believe it’s bad luck, but today that didn’t play out.  Caught one on the 3rd and fourth casts and away we go.  Worked the weed line and behind it pretty much around the entire property.  Caught around a dozen and decided to switch it up.  Moved to a popper, but walked the dog with it and that was the trick.  The sun peaked oout around 9:30 and the fish went bonkers. Best success on the South side on the point near the deer feeder.  Solid 2.5-3.5lb fish for a good 15 minutes.  Once the sun came out I got a better view of the drop off on the weedline and that was the trick.  They were all hanging about 5-10 yards off the drop off. Caught around 30 total on topwater and decided to have some fun and bring out a lightweight spinning rod; these fish fight great so figured that would be a lot of fun and boy was it.

Put on a weightless Senko and started parallel casting the drop off. Would let the Senko fall to the bottom and at least half the fish hit it on the initial fall or the first twitch. So much fun catching feisty fish on light tackle.  In the SW corner, i hooked into what i thought was a nice bass that pulled dragged twice before I saw the true culprit; the biggest Sunfish I’ve ever caught.  Right at 13 inches and thick (took a side view pic). Just kept steadily catching fish on the Senkos and never strayed from it; used 1.5 packages of Senkos as these fish just destroyed them.  Twice I floated over bass that didn’t see the boat, short casted the Senko, popped it a few times and watched the bass inhale it.

As I was getting ready to leave, got to talk with Joe.  Always a treat as he’s one of a kind that truly cares about his fisheries and making sure PWF members have a great experience.  He’s hoping to get the rock road into Wildcat lake soon so that you can have a dual reservation with Little A/Wildcat.  Really appreciate his hardwork on all his properties.

Final count was 53 which is an incredible half day.

May 31 2023

David Felton

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Great report. I'm going next Monday and hope to have that kind of topwater action!