Double A was Double Fun

May 28 2023

Sylvester Valdez

Fry

Number of Posts :

Our day started off with a little wind that remained steady most of the day. Air temp was 68 and made it up to high eighties. The lake has plenty of water and grass with more than 3 foot visibility. No luck on topwater early and the fishing was slow with less then 15 caught before lunch however that changed in the afternoon. We determined that an assortment of plastics worked best and they seemed to like the plum colors. The fish were vicious, mean and nasty. This lake has by far the most horrendous fish behavior of all the PWF lakes that I have fished. Loved it! All fish looked extremely healthy and all muscle. We ended the day with  68 LMB from 2 lbs to 6.1 lbs. Most were in the 4 to 5 to 6 lbs range. Broke off on a huge one after a long battle but I'll get it next time. Pure fun day!! 

Also we were treated to a spectacular airshow by a small plane that did tricks above the lake. It was truly amazing and incredible to watch. 

No visit by the landowner today to extend our many thanks for taking care of this property and a jewel of a lake. 

May 28 2023

John Freeman

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Love the description of the fish you have, gotta say that is accurate. That lake has some brutes. They do not like getting stuck in the face. 

May 28 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I was at Salt Lick yesterday so not too far from you and the air show was pretty cool. There was a couple times the bi-plane flew straight up until the engine killed killed.   I thought that was pretty freaky and neat watching them do all the loops. 

May 28 2023

Mike Nicoloff

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

I was at Salt Lick yesterday so not too far from you and the air show was pretty cool. There was a couple times the bi-plane flew straight up until the engine killed killed.   I thought that was pretty freaky and neat watching them do all the loops. 

P.s. I won't tell anyone about your secret spot on the lake. Ha. 

May 28 2023

Sylvester Valdez

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Mike Nicoloff

P.s. I won't tell anyone about your secret spot on the lake. Ha. 

Mike,

Yep I saw you drive by,  you have a very nice fish fighting equipment setup! Ha ha, that spot is stacked full and lots of hot action. This was my third trip to Double A and certainly one of my favorites,  can be  a little bit challenging to fish but the pay off is awesome!!