David Todd

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36468
Property Name : Twin Oaks
Reservation Date : 05/27/2023 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 0
Lures Used : Fly fishing: topwater frogs, crawfish, clauser minnow patterns

Decent little lake but it seems to have a serious algae bloom right now and did not fish well. Also, it is supposedly good for fly fishing from the bank but it has too many weeds extending far out from the bank for fly fishing.  We could only get to deep enough water using the John boat. 

May 27 2023

Greg Robinson

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hey David thanks so much for  the report. I have the lake booked for tomorrow afternoon and now im having second thoughts on if its still worth the drive considering the algae problem. Does it make to hard to fish or haow would you describe the problem? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

May 28 2023

David Todd

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Greg Robinson

Hey David thanks so much for  the report. I have the lake booked for tomorrow afternoon and now im having second thoughts on if its still worth the drive considering the algae problem. Does it make to hard to fish or haow would you describe the problem? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Hi, Greg!

I just saw your response. I don't know what to tell you except keep in mind that we were flyfishing so our lures don't make much noise and we can't cast that far. I've seen other reports of really good results from this lake so if you already have a reservation, I would say go for it. My friend and I left plenty of bass in there for you (I'm guessing). Good luck!

David

PS: where are you coming from?

May 28 2023

Greg Robinson

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By David Todd

Hi, Greg!

I just saw your response. I don't know what to tell you except keep in mind that we were flyfishing so our lures don't make much noise and we can't cast that far. I've seen other reports of really good results from this lake so if you already have a reservation, I would say go for it. My friend and I left plenty of bass in there for you (I'm guessing). Good luck!

David

PS: where are you coming from?

Hello David thanks for getting back to me. Yes i decided just to go for it and see what happens it could turn into an amazing trip you just never know. I live in College Station so its a little over an hour drive for me. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again have a great day