Samuel Mitchell

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 36088
Property Name : Salt Lick Lake
Reservation Date : 05/12/2023 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 30 all between 2# and 5#
Lures Used : Black blue chatterbait and Ocho worm on shaky head

This property is awesome and if you live in DFW try and take some time to fish any of the lakes Eric has: salt lick, long lake or blue rock.  Amazing property.  If you get the chance to visit with him slow down and do so.  He is a hero and has such an amazing story.  It's not mine to share but he is the true character and salt of the earth.  
I got to the lake at sun up and fished hard till 6:30 pm.  I wanted to stay later but I was whipped. The morning was full of buzz bait blow ups!  I could not get one on a frog or anything else.  I did try a walking bait and had a fish hit it so hard the lure broke so the eyelet was on my knot but no lure!  Old lure I guess but those fish are mad and hungry.  I switched to a shaky head with a KVD Ocho worm and never really put it down the rest of the day.  I caught one or two on crank baits but the shaky head was the ticket.  All the fish were along the shore.  I tried and tried to catch in the middle but with no electronics and from a kayak I couldn't figure it out.  A tip- focus on the structure.  I think I caught a fish or missed a fish at every hay bale, tree lay down or over hang.  Focus on the structure there are fish in there.  I attached a few pictures so you can see the color and lure selection the best I could.  
I have fished blue rock several times and long lake once and now salt lick twice- don't miss out on this property.  Coming from DFW it's an hour or so.  Stop by Buccees on the way and get your suppies and you are golden.  Thank you PWF and Eric for a great day of fishing therapy.