San Jacinto Bend Report

Apr 17 2019

Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I had a chance to fish San Jacinto Bend this past Sunday afternoon (4/14).  The day was beautiful and the water was emerald green and had good light penetration to 18-24 inches.  The lake is very easy to fish from a small boat or from the shore.  I tossed in my bass raider and had a ball fishing on a sunny afternoon.  The tall pines and other trees gave pretty good protection from the north winds and made for a very pleasant day of fishing.  I caught good numbers of bass all over the lake with no real pattern.  about 60% of the fish were small (less than 13 inches) and the rest ranged from 14 inches to 21 inches.  I also caught a catfish and a crappie.  It took less than an hour to get here from Katy!  Good new club lake.  

Apr 17 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Bruce,

Any idea about how many you caught in afternoon? 

For those who might not be aware of length vs weight a 21 inch fish should weigh 4.75lbs to 5.5lbs depending on body condition. 

Steve

Apr 18 2019

Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Steve,

I caught 25 bass 1 catfish and 1 crappie.  I probably could have caught more but I was primarily interested in trying out some new techniques that I had never fished before.  This lake really is a great add to the club!

Apr 24 2019

Thomas Blailock

Fry

Number of Posts :

How was the road?

Apr 28 2019

Bruce Bernard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Sorry for the delay Thomas, the road was excellent.  I could see that it could get a little testy if it was wet.

Apr 28 2019

Thomas Blailock

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thank you